Warm up with this dairy-free, almond milk, Peppermint, Hot Chocolate. Its rich, chocolatey ingredients, perfectly minty flavor, and creamy consistency will have you ditching the instant mix and sipping on this recipe all season long!
- 1 cup Unsoaked almonds (if using soaked almonds, you only need to use about ½ cup soaked in water for at least 4 hours or overnight)
- 2-4 Dates (pitted)
- ½ oz Unsweetened chocolate bar
- 3 tbsp Cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp Peppermint extract/oil
- To prepare your almond milk, place almonds in the filter basket. Attach the filter basket to the top of the Almond Cow and twist in the direction of the close arrow to secure.
- Fill the Almond Cow base to the MIN line (5 cups) with water, attach the top.
- Plug in the Almond Cow and press the cow start button. It will run through 3 automatic stages. When the green light stops flashing, it is complete.
- Transfer your almond milk into a high speed blender. Add the rest of the ingredients to the milk and blend for about 2 minutes until dates and chocolate are fully dissolved.
- Transfer to a jar and store in fridge for up to 4 days. Enjoy hot with a pinch of coconut cream and cocoa nibs on top.