These Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect appetizer or main meal if you choose. They are hearty, packed with flavorful herbs, and feature leftover almond pulp!
- 12 medium/large organic white button mushrooms
- ½ cup organic Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ cup almond pulp (from almond milk)
- ⅓ cup vegan butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tbsp parsley
- ½ tbsp basil
- ½ tbsp oregano
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp vegan parmesan
- salt/pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- fresh parsley to garnish
- Clean mushrooms by using a damp rag and removing any dirt.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and dice the stems. You will use them in the stuffing mixture.
- In a large bowl mix together breadcrumbs, almond pulp, parsley, basil, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, vegan parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Melt the vegan butter in a fry pan. While the butter is melting, mince the garlic cloves.
- Add the minced garlic to the pan with butter and saute for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Pour mixture into fry pan with melted butter and minced garlic. Add in 1 tbsp of avocado oil too. You want the entire breadcrumb mixture to be moist and covered in butter and oil. Cook this until golden brown and it sticks together well.
- Remove the breadcrumb mixture from the fry pan and add in the remaining 2 tbsp avocado oil. Add the diced mushroom stems to the fry pan and let them get brown. Once done, mix in with bread crumb mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line an 8x8 baking dish or cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Fill each mushroom up with however much breadcrumb stuffing you'd like. When stuffing them press down with your spoon without breaking the mushrooms and fill to the top letting it come up and out a bit.
- Drizzle tops of mushrooms with a little avocado oil, making sure to get some on the tops of each mushroom. Sprinkle tops with extra vegan parmesan cheese then bake for 20 minutes. Once cooked you can garnish with fresh parsley. Serve right away and enjoy!