- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 basket almond pulp
- ½ cup flax meal
- Vegan Worcestershire sauce, for brushing
- Heat 3 tbsp avocado oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic, and sauté until they soften (a couple minutes).
- Add the mushrooms and 1 more tbsp avocado oil, and sauté until soft and browned (approx. 5 minutes).
- Add the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, salt, black pepper, and paprika. Turn the heat down to low, and stir.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the mushroom mixture with almond pulp, and flax meal, and pulse or blend until well combined.
- Refrigerate mixture overnight. If you’re in a rush, refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but overnight is preferable.
- When ready, form into patties.
- Preheat a grill or skillet to medium-high heat. Spray the grill with nonstick cooking spray (or drizzle a little avocado oil on the skillet), and grill/sauté for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat, and brush with vegan Worcestershire sauce, and serve as desired!
Note: Pictured keto style with a lettuce wrap instead of a bun, but feel free to use a bun if you'd prefer!