Looking for a new go-to vegan burger? Look no further than our Golden Artichoke Patty. Full of flavor with hints of lemon zest, garlic, cumin and more. Featuring leftover cashew sunflower pulp!
Total Time: 30 minutes (active time), plus chilling time (1 hour - overnight)
Servings: 4 patties
- ½ can (14 oz) artichoke bottoms
- ½ cup (3 1⁄2 oz) brown rice, cooked
- 1 basket cashew sunflower pulp, completely strained so no liquid is left
- ½ small-medium sized onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for sautéing
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp arrowroot
- burger buns of choice
- toppings of choice
- Combine the artichoke bottoms, rice, cashew sunflower pulp, onion and garlic in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth, and transfer mixture to a bowl. Add the olive oil, cumin, lemon zest, salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Add arrowroot, and mix again. Form into 4 patties and transfer to the refrigerator to chill overnight (if you’re in a rush, let it chill for at least 1 hour, but overnight is preferable).
- In a nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, drizzle a little olive oil. Add the patties and cook until golden brown on each side (approx. 5-6 minutes per side).
- Serve with toppings of choice (we served with yellow mustard and sautéed yellow bell peppers) over burger buns of choice.