This recipe uses the leftover pulp from making nut milk in homemade everything bagel crackers. No more waste when making your own milks! Any type of nut pulp will work such as almond, cashew, pecan or walnut.
- 1 cup Nut pulp
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil, plus more for topping
- 1 Clove of garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp Ground flax seeds
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp Fine salt
- ¼ tsp Cracked black pepper
- ½ cup All-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour)
- 2 tbsp Everything bagel seasoning*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Strain out excess liquid from the pulp.
- In a food processor add the pulp, oil, garlic, flax seeds, baking soda, salt, and pepper. Pulse until well combined. Add the flour and pulse until dough comes together.
- Wrap dough or place in an airtight container and refrigerate for 60 minutes to chill.
- Transfer dough onto the prepared parchment and top with an additional piece of parchment.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the mixture out evenly to desired thickness. Using a knife or pastry cutter, slice the slab into 32 crackers. Brush crackers with oil and top with a sprinkle of everything bagel seasoning. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
*To make your own everything bagel seasoning, simply mix together one tablespoon each of the following: poppy seeds, black sesame seeds, white sesame seeds, minced dried garlic, minced dried onion & flaked salt.