Make this Date Night Burger for your special someone! Vegan, gluten-free and bursting with flavor. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Total Time: 20 minutes active time, overnight refrigeration (or at least 1 hour)
Servings: 2 patties
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegan worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 basket almond pulp
- ¼ cup short grain white rice, cooked and dried
- ¼ cup flax meal
- more vegan worcestershire sauce, for brushing
- Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic, and sauté until they soften (a couple minutes).
- Add the mushrooms and 1 more tbsp olive oil, and sauté until soft and browned (approx. 5 minutes).
- Add the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, and paprika. Turn the heat down to low, and stir.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the mushroom mixture with almond pulp, cooked and dried rice, and flax meal, and pulse or blend until well combined.
- Refrigerate mixture overnight. If you’re in a rush, refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but overnight is preferable.
- When ready, form into patties.
- Preheat a grill or skillet to medium-high heat. Spray the grill with nonstick cooking spray (or drizzle a little olive oil on the skillet), and grill/sauté for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Depending on the wetness of your rice, if the burger feels a little mushy on the inside, bake on 350F for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and brush with more vegan Worcestershire sauce (be generous), and serve as desired!