- 1 cup mushrooms, sautéed
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 basket almond cashew pulp, completely strained so no liquid is left
- ½ small-medium sized onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for sautéing
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce, plus more for brushing
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp arrowroot
- burger buns of choice
- toppings of choice
- Combine the mushrooms, rice, almond cashew pulp, onion and garlic in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth, and transfer mixture to a bowl. Add the olive oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Add arrowroot, and mix again.
- Form into 4 patties and transfer to the refrigerator to chill overnight (if you’re in a rush, let it chill for at least 1 hour, but overnight is preferable).
- In a nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, drizzle a little olive oil. Add the patties and cook until golden brown on each side (approx. 5-6 minutes per side).
- Serve with toppings of choice (we served with pickles, onion, lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup, and vegan American cheese) over burger buns of choice.