Naturally gluten-free and refined sugar-free, these Baked Cranberry Oat donuts featuring cashew oat pulp from the Almond Cow are the perfect addition to your holiday mornings. Enjoy alone or pair with your favorite nut butter, jam or dairy-free yogurt.
- 300g Oat flour
- 50 g Chopped cranberries
- 3 Chia eggs (combine 6tbsp plant based milk with 3 tbsp chia seeds)
- 2 Ripe bananas (mashed)
- ½ cup Cashew oat pulp (leftover from homemade Milk)
- 170 ml Cashew oat milk (made with Almond Cow)
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp Almond butter
- 1 tbsp Tapioca starch
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ½ Lemon (squeezed)
- To prepare the cranberries place them in a small pan and heat with squeezed lemon juice over low heat for about 5 minutes until cranberries are soft.
- Preheat oven to 356F and prepare a donut baking pan by greasing with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients until combined.
- In a separate bowl mash bananas and add all wet ingredients to combine and then add to the dry ingredients. Stir well and fold in cranberries.
- Pour batter into donut pan and flatten each top.
- Bake in oven for about 20-30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and let donuts cool down for about 10-15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Enjoy fresh with nut butter/jam or store in freezer. To enjoy frozen donuts reheat by toasting in toaster or toaster oven. It adds crunch to the donuts.