Oat milk and matcha pair perfectly in this refreshing iced latte. It’s creamy, lightly sweetened and rich in antioxidants. Enjoy first thing in the morning or as a midday pick-me-up.
Servings: 3 cups
Time: 15 minutes
Whole Grain Oat Milk
- 1 cup Soaked whole grain oats (approximately ⅔ cup dry whole grain oats, soaked for at least 4 hours or overnight in the fridge)
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup for sweetness
- ¼ tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp Walnut oil (or avocado oil to avoid nut allergies) for creaminess (optional)
- 2 cups Crushed ice
- 2 tsp Matcha powder
- 2 oz Hot water
- Oat milk
- Place the oats, dates, vanilla and avocado oil in the filter basket. Attach the filter basket to the top of the Almond Cow and twist in the direction of the close arrow to secure.
- Fill the Almond Cow base to the MIN line (5 cups) with water. Attach the top.
- Plug in the Almond Cow and press the cow start button. It will run through 3 automatic stages. When the green light stops flashing, it is complete.
- For the matcha latte place 2 tsp of matcha powder into a small bowl. Add 2 oz of hot water, stir until matcha becomes a smooth paste and set aside.
- Fill two glasses with crushed ice and add the matcha tea paste. Pour oat milk over the matcha tea and stir well. Serve immediately.