Oat milk and matcha pair perfectly in this refreshing iced latte. It’s creamy, lightly sweetened and rich in antioxidants. Enjoy first thing in the morning or as a midday pick-me-up.
Servings: 3 cups
Time: 15 minutes
Whole Grain Oat Milk
- 1 cup soaked whole grain oats (approximately ⅔ cup dry whole grain oats, soaked for at least 4 hours or overnight in the fridge)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup for sweetness
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp walnut oil (or avocado oil to avoid nut allergies) for creaminess (optional)
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 2 oz hot water
- oat milk
- Place the oats, maple syrup, sea salt, vanilla, and avocado/walnut oil in the filter basket. Attach the filter basket to the top of the Almond Cow and twist in the direction of the close arrow to secure.
- Fill the Almond Cow base to the MIN line (5 cups) with water. Attach the top.
- Plug in the Almond Cow and press the cow start button. It will run through 3 automatic stages. When the green light stops flashing, it is complete.
- For the matcha latte place 2 tsp of matcha powder into a small bowl. Add 2 oz of hot water, stir until matcha becomes a smooth paste and set aside.
- Fill two glasses with crushed ice and add the matcha tea paste. Pour oat milk over the matcha tea and stir well. Serve immediately.