Servings: 15-20 patties
Prep time: 15 minutes, Cook time: 5 min and additional time (freezer) 1 hour
There are few combinations better than peppermint and chocolate. That’s why we upgraded everyone’s favorite peppermint pattie with minimal ingredients and none of the questionable ingredients! These patties feature coconut pulp from the Almond Cow and are sure to be a favorite refreshing sweet treat.
- 1 ½ cans of full fat coconut milk (solid part), chilled overnight
- 4 tbsp coconut butter
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil
- 2-3 dates (pits removed)
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh mint (substitute with ½ tsp peppermint extract)
- ¼ cup leftover coconut pulp from the Almond Cow (Coconut milk made with shredded coconut)
Ingredients Chocolate Glaze
- 4 oz of 100% unsweetened chocolate
- 1-2 tbsp date syrup (or maple syrup)
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- Line a 8.5 by 8.5 brownie baking pan with wax paper.
- For the coconut base store your coconut milk can in the fridge overnight. Scoop out the solid part and add it into a small pot with the rest of the ingredients (except for the pulp/shredded coconut).
- Heat over low until combined and dates are dissolved. Strain through a sieve into a bowl. Stir in the pulp and shredded coconut.
- Pour the coconut mixture into the brownie pan and freeze for about an hour.
- Take out of the freezer and let sit on the counter for a few minutes until mixture begins to soften (but not too soft). Cut out patties with a cookie cutter or cut into bars with a knife.
- Transfer onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Put the patties back into freezer while preparing the chocolate glaze.
- For the chocolate glaze melt chocolate with coconut oil and syrup in a small pan over low heat. Once the chocolate has melted take peppermint patties out of the freezer and dip into the chocolate.
- Let sit on a cooling rack for about an hour.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.