Tis the season for pumpkin everything! Starting off with these fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth pumpkin cookies. Made with walnut pulp from your Almond Cow!
Servings: Makes approximately 20 cookies
Time: 20 minutes active time
- ½ cup Vegan butter, softened
- ¼ cup Pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup Coconut sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground ginger
- ¼ tsp Ground cloves
- 1⁄8 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1 ¼ cup Flour
- ¼ cup Walnut pulp, DRIED*
Note: *If walnut pulp is not dried properly, results may vary. To dry the pulp, remove it from the Almond Cow filter basket, shake off all the leftover liquid, and transfer it to a towel to allow the liquid to drain for at least 15 minutes. You can fold the towel on top of the pulp as well to ensure full coverage. It should feel more like flour rather than damp or mushy.
- Add vegan butter, pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl. Mix.
- In a separate bowl, add arrowroot, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and flour. Mix.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, then add the walnut pulp, and mix.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, covered.
- Bake on 350F for 7-10 minutes, or until golden.