Enjoy these beautiful Marbled Heart Cakes featuring leftover pulp from your Almond Cow. The perfect sweet treat for Mother's Day!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Additional Time: 15 min
- 2 Ripe bananas (mashed)
- ¼ cup Golden coconut sugar
- ½ cup Coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 1 ½ cups Blanched almond flour
- ½ cup Coconut flour
- ¼ cup Almond pulp (strained*)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 Flax eggs: 2 tbsp flax meal + 4 tbsp almond milk
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups Vegan white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Beet powder
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 6 cavity mini heart cake mold with coconut oil. Use other mini cake molds if preferred.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together mashed bananas, flax eggs and coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, coconut sugar and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in almond pulp and combine.
- Divide batter evenly into 6 cavities of the mold and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let the cakes cool in the mold. After 10 minutes transfer onto a cooling rack.
- Prepare the marble glaze by melting vegan white chocolate with coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Transfer into a small bowl but leave some of the white chocolate on the side for later.
- In a separate small bowl add beet powder, maple syrup and water. Strain through a fine sieve.
- To create the marble pattern drop 2-3 tsp of the beet liquid into the bowl of white chocolate. Draw a wooden skewer or spoon through the beet liquid to make swirl patterns inside the white chocolate. Remember, you're not mixing this, you're just lightly making swirl patterns.
- Now carefully dunk each heart cake face down into the glaze and lift right up. Hold the cake by the side with the tips of your fingers and let the chocolate drip off for a few seconds. When the chocolate is only dripping slightly, transfer your beautiful creation onto a cooling rack or parchment paper. Let dry for about 20-30 minutes.**
*strain any excess liquid
**After every other cake, add a little bit of extra white chocolate and beet liquid and create new swirls.