This classic waffle recipe makes perfectly crisp waffles with fluffy insides that are irresistible! They’re made with Almond Cow almond milk and almond pulp for an #almondcowzerowaste morning.
Servings: Serves 4
Time: 15 minutes for prep, plus waffle maker cooking time
- 2 Bananas
- 2 cups Almond milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Coconut sugar, optional (depending on sweetness of bananas and preference)
- 4 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 ¾ cups Almond flour
- ¼ cup Almond pulp, DRIED*
- 1 ½ cups Gluten-free baking flour
- ¼ cup Coconut oil, melted
Note: *If almond pulp is not dried properly, results may vary. To dry the pulp, remove it from the Almond Cow filter basket, shake off all the leftover liquid, and transfer it to a towel to allow the liquid to drain for at least 15 minutes. You can fold the towel on top of the pulp as well to ensure full coverage. It should feel more like flour rather than mushy.
- Add bananas, almond milk, and vanilla extract to a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, and add sugar, baking powder, salt, almond flour, dried almond pulp, and gluten-free baking flour, and mix again.
- Add melted coconut oil, and mix.
- Cook waffles in a waffle iron, and serve.