Enjoy this creamy, rich and tangy vegan Ricotta Cheese featuring milk and pulp from your Almond Cow! Make this to use in our Tomato Galette recipe or as a spread on crackers.
- 1 cup Blanched almonds, soaked overnight
- 3 tbsp Coconut pulp
- ½ tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- ⅓ cup + 2 tbsp Almond milk (made with your Almond Cow)
- If you don't have any coconut pulp on hand, make a batch of your favorite Almond Cow coconut milk and then save the pulp for this recipe.
- Drain and rinse your soaked almonds and place in a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, almond milk, salt, nutritional yeast, and coconut pulp and blend on high until smooth.
- If you have a cheesecloth, wrap the ricotta cheese in the cheesecloth and store in the fridge overnight to set up. Alternatively, you can wrap the cheese in paper towels and then in a kitchen towel.
You can enjoy the ricotta immediately, but it is better the next day when all the flavors have absorbed and the cheese has set up a bit.