These Pink Raspberry Pies are the perfect combination of tart, sweet and beautifully pink! Featuring leftover pulp from your Almond Cow.
Servings: 3 mini pies
Prep time: 40 min
Cook time: 40 min
Additional time: 30 min
- 2 ½ cup gluten-free flour (Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten-free baking flour was used for this recipe. Other brands can be used, but results may vary.)
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup cold vegan butter (cubed)
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup freeze dried raspberries
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (sliced)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup almond pulp (from almond milk)
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- ½ lemon squeezed
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- In a food processor add freeze dried raspberries and process into a fine powder.
- In a large bowl combine flour, raspberries, sugar and salt. Add cubed cold butter and incorporate it into the flour using a pastry cutter. It will resemble coarse sand.
- Add in the water and vinegar a little at a time until the dough just comes together (you don't want it too wet). Knead the dough with your hands until it holds together.
- Wrap dough or place in an airtight container and refrigerate for an hour.
- In the meantime prepare the raspberry/strawberry filling. In a medium sized bowl combine all ingredients and let sit.
- When you are ready to use the dough, roll ¼ of the dough out (⅛ inch thick) into a 8-10 inch circle onto a floured surface.
- Place dough into 3 4-5 inch ramekins. Press it lightly into the dish and up on the sides. Trim the edges of the crust and crimp the dough using your fingers Fill the pie with the berry filling and preheat oven to 375 F.
- To prepare the lattice top crust, roll out the rest of the dough until ⅛ inch thick. Slice into 1 inch strips using a knife. Place the strips on top one at a time and weave them in and out of each other. Crimp the edges and brush with some extra vegan butter and sprinkle top with some extra granulated or coconut sugar.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Allow your pie to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with fresh berries and ice cream if preferred.