Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does Almond Cow milk typically last in the fridge?
- Is it necessary to add salt to the milk?
- The milk separated overnight. Is this normal?
- Does the Almond Cow heat the milk? Is it still raw?
- Can I make rice milk in the Almond Cow?
What quantity of nuts and seeds should I use to make the milk?
- We recommend using ½ to 1 full cup of soaked raw ingredients - any combination of nuts, seeds, and grains that you like - to make milk in your Almond Cow. (Most plant-based milks in stores use very little in the way of actual nuts or seeds. They’re mostly water and a large amount of artificial thickeners, fillers, and flavorings.)
How much does it cost to make a cup of milk?
- How much milk is made in one batch?
- Do you have to soak the nuts beforehand?
- Can coconut water or other liquids be used in the base of the machine in place of regular water?
- Can you use just fruit in the AC?
- Can I use quick oats instead of old fashioned to make oat milk?
- Can you use hot water in the base of the machine?
Can you make yogurt in the AC?
- Can you make juice in the AC?
- How is this different than a blender with a nut milk bag?
- How do I make the milk thicker?
- Sometimes I have trouble attaching the filter basket. How do you recommend doing this?
- Do I still have to strain the milk?
- How do you recommend cleaning the filter basket?
- What is the white cup for?
- Is the Almond Cow dishwasher safe?
How do I clean my Almond Cow?
- My Almond Cow machine starts blending, stops and then starts blending again, is this normal?
- How can I get the almond milk to froth?
- Do you ship ingredients internationally?
- Where do you source your almonds?
- How much milk does each bag make? What is the cost breakdown?
- Are the nuts processed on shared equipment with dairy products?
- Are your coconut and oats produced and packaged in the same area too and on the same equipment as the almonds and other tree nuts?
- Are your ingredients gluten free?
Why are your almonds not organic?
- We wanted to begin with a budget-friendly choice for almonds. While the almonds are not organic, they are Non-GMO Project Verified, Pollinator Partnership approved (which means they're bee-friendly), and Glyphosate Residue Free approved by DetoxProject.org (which have substantially higher standards for glyphosate threshold than the USDA). We're also planning to offer Organic Almonds in the near future as well.
- How large is the Almond Cow?
Do you sell replacement parts for the Almond Cow?
- What is the Almond Cow machines power usage?
- Is the Almond Cow 100% stainless steel (what type of material used)?
Do you offer Almond Cow gift cards?
- Where do you ship to?
- I'm outside the U.S. Can I order an Almond Cow?
- Shipping timeframes are:
- Import duties, taxes, and brokerage fees are not included in the product price or shipping and handling cost and it will be collected upon delivery from the carriers for certain packages. These charges are recipient’s responsibility as we charge only for the transportation fee of the packages. You may check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be.
Return Policy & Warranty
We love Almond Cow. We are sure that you will too. Just in case, we give customers in the US / Canada 30 days to try it out. If it doesn't make making plant-based milks easy for you - you are welcome to return it to us for a full refund. Customer is responsible for return shipping costs.
Almond Cow Machine - 30-day return policy. Customer is responsible for return shipping costs. 1-year warranty (details below).
Almond Cow Starter Set - 30-day return policy on the Almond Cow machine only. Customer is responsible for return shipping costs. 1-year warranty (details below).
Almond Cow Pro - 30-day return policy. Customer is responsible for return shipping costs. 3-year warranty.
Ingredients - Final sale.
Glass Milk Jug/Bottles - Final sale.
Jug Brush - Final sale.
We warrant to you, the end-user customer who after purchasing the Almond Cow for a valuable consideration, that the parts and motor will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase.
Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear.
1. The warranty is valid only for the original purchaser. This warranty is non-transferable.
2. If the Almond Cow exhibits defects while in normal household use, we will, upon our actual receipt of a written notice of such defects from you during the warranty period, at our option, either repair or replace the Almond Cow which proves to be defective. However, we have no such obligation to repair or replace until after you have, by insured mail and in protective packaging*, delivered the Almond Cow to the location of your service center as set forth. A replacement Almond Cow may be either new or like new. The replacement Almond Cow may contain re-manufactured or reconditioned parts, which are equivalent to new in performance or may have been subject to incidental use.
3. We do not warrant that the operation of the Almond Cow will be uninterrupted or error free. In no event shall our liability exceed the retail value of the Almond Cow.
4. All warranty and repair services must be performed at a warranty service center, which is located within the country where the machine was originally purchased.
However, in the event that:
[i] the machine must be serviced at a service center that is not located within the country where the machine was purchased; or
[ii] there is no service center within the country where the machine is located and must be shipped to a service center in another country, then those service centers are responsible for the parts and service only, and any and all costs relating to the shipping, delivery and handling of the machine to and from those service centers shall be the sole responsibility of the owner.
This warranty does not cover defects resulting from:
[a] failure to operate the Almond Cow in accordance with the instructions;
[b] use of parts or supplies not provided or authorized by the manufacturer;
[c] negligent, improper or inadequate maintenance;
[d] service performed or attempted by an unauthorized service person;
[e] damages, accidental or otherwise, to the Almond Cow, which are not directly caused by the manufacturer; or
[f] damages resulting from abuse, tampering, misuse, commercial use, or unauthorized modification of the Almond Cow.
WE MAKE NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LOCAL LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY IS LIMITED TO ONE (1) YEAR.
In the event that such limitation or exclusion on the duration of an implied warranty is not allowed in the state or county wherein you reside, the above limitation or exclusion will not apply.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and protection, and you might also have other rights that vary from state to state, or country to country.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LOCAL LAW, THE REMEDIES IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES. EXCEPT AS INDICATED ABOVE, IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING LOST PROFIT, OR OTHER DAMAGE, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE).
Some states or counties may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages. If you reside in such a state or county, the above limitation or exclusion may not be applicable. Do not send your Almond Cow back to the service center without a return authorization.