- 1 small red bell pepper rough chopped
- 1 small onion, rough chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth (Max line in the base)
- 2 ribs celery rough chopped
- 1 lemon cubed (peel and pith removed)
- 3 small cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 medium beets, peeled/grated
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (bite sized)
- 2 carrots thinly sliced (mandolined)
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded
Note: *to make it zero waste, incorporate the batches of pulp into the soup
- Place chopped red bell pepper and onion in the filter basket. Attach the filter basket to the top of the Almond Cow and twist in the direction of the close arrow to secure.
- Fill the Almond Cow base to the MAX line (6 cups) with vegetable broth, attach the top.
- Plug in the Almond Cow and press the cow start button. It will run through 3 automatic stages. When the green light stops flashing, it is complete.
- Set filter basket contents aside, and refill the filter basket with chopped celery, lemon, garlic cloves, and ketchup. Blend for another cycle.
- Place beets, potatoes, carrots, cabbage, leftover pulp (optional), and liquid from the base in a large pot. Stir.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until all veggies are fork tender, or desired softness. Stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with dollop of sour cream and sprig of dill to serve/style.