- 2 cups plant-based milk
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free baking flour was used for this recipe. Other brands can be used, but results may vary.)
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup almond pulp, press excess liquid out (from almond milk)
- 1 ¼ cup monkfruit sweetener (or coconut sugar, cane sugar)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 can coconut cream (solid part)**
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease mini pans or two 8 inch pans with coconut oil and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add all dry ingredients and combine.
- In a separate bowl mix all wet ingredients and add to dry ingredients. Mix with a spatula or hand mixer until just combined.
- Evenly distribute the batter into your pans and bake for about 25 minutes in the oven.
- Once the cakes are done transfer onto a cooling rack for about 5-10 minutes before garnishing.
- To prepare the coconut whipped cream mix solid part of coconut cream with a tablespoon of maple syrup with a spatula.
- Top cakes with whipped cream and garnish with fresh strawberries and maple syrup.
*Squeeze out any excess liquid before using in recipe.
**Place your can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight if it is not solid