- 2½ cups flour, plus more as needed
- 1 cup yogurt of choice
- ¼ cup PeCashew Milk
- ½ batch PeCashew Pulp
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
- melted butter of choice, for brushing
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, yogurt, PeCashew milk, PeCashew pulp, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix until a crumbly dough forms.
- Sprinkle some flour onto a clean work surface, and turn the dough onto it. Knead the dough until it forms into a ball, adding flour as needed. Add the chopped strawberries to the dough and gently knead it into the dough until incorporated. Add extra flour as needed until the dough no longer sticks to your fingers or the surface.
- Flatten the dough into a circular shape, then slice it into 8 even pieces (like a pizza). Using your hands, roll each dough piece into its own ball, adding flour as needed to prevent it from sticking. Gently press each ball with the palm of your hand to slightly flatten it. Flour your finger, poke a hole right in the center, and roll your finger around to prevent the hole from closing up. (You might have to add more flour to your fingers to make sure the hole doesn’t stick).
- Lightly flour the sheet pan, and transfer each bagel onto the sheet pan. Lightly brush the tops of each bagel with melted butter, and transfer the bagels into the oven. Bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until golden on top.
- Allow them to cool before slicing and eating them. Serve with vanilla cream cheese and enjoy!