- ½ cup vegan butter
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp arrowroot
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 batch of coconoat pulp, dried* (from coconoat milk)
- chocolate chips
*To turn coconoat pulp into an oat-flour-like consistency, remove it from the Almond Cow filter basket, shake off all the leftover liquid, and transfer it to a towel to allow the liquid to drain for at least 15 minutes. You can fold the towel on top of the pulp as well to ensure full coverage. Then, bake it until crisp. Once it’s crispy, pulse it in the food processor and voila!
- Add the vegan butter, applesauce, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl and mix.
- Add arrowroot, baking soda, and salt to the mixture and mix.
- Add the rolled oats, oat flour, and dried coconoat pulp and mix.
- Add chocolate chips and mix again. Cover and transfer to the fridge for at least one hour to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 350F. When ready, scoop cookie dough into evenly sized balls and transfer to a cookie sheet.
- Leave in dough balls for soft & chewy cookies or flatten dough for crispy edged cookies with a soft center.
- Bake at 350F until golden brown. This takes 7-10 minutes.