- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 3 tbsp cashew milk
- ½ cup cashew butter (raw, unsalted, no oil)
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 batch cashew pulp (from cashew milk, use a spatula and press the pulp up against the sides of the filter basket to drain as much remaining liquid as you can)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour (Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free baking flour was used for this recipe. Other brands can be used, but results may vary.)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- Mix together the ground flax and cashew milk and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl add, cashew butter, vegan butter, coconut sugar, cashew pulp, and vanilla extract. Mix with a hand mixer until completely smooth and creamy. Add in the flax mixture and mix until combined.
- In another bowl add the gluten-free flour, baking soda, salt and stir. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until completely combined.
- Cover the bowl and place in the freezer for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. When ready, scoop cookie dough into even-sized balls and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing. Enjoy!