- 2 medium granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- To make the apple pie filling, in a large mixing bowl, add the apples, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and cinnamon. Mix to combine.
- Heat a saucepan on medium heat, and cook the apple filling until it gets sticky. This takes about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To make the cupcake, in a mixing bowl, add the oat flour, almond pulp, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, and mix.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add almond milk, lemon juice, coconut oil, and maple syrup, and mix. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix.
- Line a 6-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners, and pour batter evenly into the cupcake liners. Transfer apple pie filling to a piping bag, and pipe the filling into the center of each cupcake.
- Bake on 350F for 20 minutes, or until golden.
*To turn almond pulp into an almond-flour-like consistency, let the filter basket with the pulp set in the collector cup and drain the remaining liquid or you can use a spoon or spatula and press the pulp up against the sides of the filter basket to drain the remaining liquid. Then, with a spatula spread it thinly onto a baking sheet. Bake it at 250F for 1-2 hours. Once it’s as dry as possible, cool completely and pulse it in the food processor to create a fine almond powder.