- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 4 tbsp plain flour (gf if preferred)
- 800ml cashew milk (or other unsweetened plant milk)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp ground black pepper
- 200g vegan cheddar, grated
- 50g vegan mozzarella, grated
- 500g macaroni pasta (gf if preferred)
- Melt vegan butter in a saucepan on low heat. Once melted add the flour and stir until it forms a roux.
- Gradually add cashew milk and whisk until all the milk has been added and there are no lumps. Add garlic, onion, turmeric, paprika, salt, pepper, cheddar and mozzarella. Stir until the cheese has melted and it has turned into a smooth cheese sauce.
- Cook macaroni pasta in salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Drain and pour sauce over the macaroni. Mix until combined and serve!