Perfectly golden brown crust filled with a tart berry filling and topped with a creamy white chocolate layer. Garnish with fresh mixed berries and enjoy this sweet treat!
Servings: 8-10 slices
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Additional time: 2-3 hours
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free oats
- ½ cup almonds
- ¼ cup almond pulp* (from almond milk)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 cups mixed berries (frozen or fresh)
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp agar agar
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (solid part**)
- ¼ cup cashew pulp (optional, from cashew milk)
- 1 cup cashews (soaked***)
- ⅓ cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp agave syrup (sub with maple syrup)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- For the crust add oats and almonds into a food processor. Pulse until finely ground. Then add maple syrup, almond pulp and coconut oil. Process for a few seconds into a moist mixture.
- Firmly press dough into the tart and press up on the sides as well. Bake at 350F for about 10-15 minutes until the crust appears golden brown. Let sit for about 10 minutes and then transfer onto a cooling rack.
- In a small saucepan add mixed berries, water and maple syrup. Simmer for about 5-10 minutes over low-medium heat until cranberries have broken down. With a hand mixer, puree the berry mixture. Add 1 tsp of agar powder and simmer for another 5 minutes over medium-high heat while stirring continuously. Set aside to cool for a couple minutes, then pour berry jam/sauce into the crust (½ way full) and let set in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the white chocolate layer. Add vegan white chocolate chips, coconut oil and solid part of coconut milk in a small saucepan and heat over low until chocolate has melted. Set aside.
- In a food processor or high speed blender add cashews, agave syrup, coconut milk/white chocolate mixture and cashew pulp. Process for about 5-10 minutes until completely smooth. Pour white chocolate/cashew mixture into the tart and let set in the refrigerator for about 2-3 hours. Garnish with fresh berries and white chocolate chips and serve immediately. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
* strain excess liquid
** refrigerate coconut milk overnight. Use the solid part of coconut milk in the recipe
***soak cashews in water overnight or for at least 4 hours