Prep Time: 15 minutes
Additional time: 6-8 hours
- ½ cup tahini paste
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup date syrup (or maple)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ¾ cup tahini caramel
- 1 ½ cup raw cashews (soaked)*
- ½ cup cashew pulp
- 1 ½ cans of full fat coconut cream
- ¼ cup maple syrup/date syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
1. In a small saucepan heat tahini, maple syrup, date syrup and coconut oil over low heat. Add salt and stir until combined.
2. Transfer caramel into an airtight jar/container.
3. Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.Ice cream:
In a high speed blender or food processor add soaked cashews, cashew pulp, coconut cream, syrup, salt and ¼ cup of tahini caramel. Blend until completely smooth. Pour ice cream mixture into your Ice cream maker and churn according to the machine's instructions. This ice cream took about 15 minutes in the kitchen aid ice cream attachment. Add half of the ice cream into a loaf pan. Swirl in ¼ cup of tahini caramel with a spoon. Add the rest of the ice cream on top and then repeat the process with the remaining caramel. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 3-4 hours before serving.