Don't let your cashew pulp go to waste, instead use it to make this decadent Vegan Salted Caramel Ice Cream! Perfect anytime of year.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Additional time: 6-8 hours
- ½ cup Tahini paste
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- ¼ cup Date syrup (or maple)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- ¾ cup Tahini caramel
- 1½ cup Raw cashews (soaked)*
- ½ cup Cashew pulp
- 1½ cans Full fat coconut cream
- ¼ cup Maple syrup/date syrup
- ¼ tsp Salt
- In a small saucepan heat tahini, maple syrup, date syrup and coconut oil over low heat. Add salt and stir until combined.
- Transfer caramel into an airtight jar/container. Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- In a high speed blender or food processor add soaked cashews, cashew pulp, coconut cream, syrup, salt and ¼ cup of tahini caramel. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour ice cream mixture into your Ice cream maker and churn according to the machine's instructions. This ice cream took about 15 minutes in the kitchen aid ice cream attachment.
- Add half of the ice cream into a loaf pan. Swirl in ¼ cup of tahini caramel with a spoon.
- Add the rest of the ice cream on top and then repeat the process with the remaining caramel. Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours before serving.