These soft & fluffy eggnog cookies are filled with nutmeg, cinnamon, and eggnog pulp for a delicious Holiday cookie recipe!
- ½ cup (113 grams) vegan butter
- 1 cup (210 grams) sugar (⅔ cup for cookies, ⅓ cup for rolling cookies in before baking)
- 1 tsp (2 grams) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (2 grams) nutmeg
- ¼ cup (58 grams) eggnog pulp (from vegan eggnog)
- 3 tbsp (44 ml) eggnog (can be subbed with any milk or water)
- 1 tbsp (8 grams) ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp (5 grams) vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup (188 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp (1 gram) salt
- 1 cup (120 grams) powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp (14 ml) eggnog
- extra cinnamon to dust cookies
- First, make Vegan Eggnog with your Almond Cow. Strain the milk and use a spatula to press out any excess liquid from the pulp.
- Next, add the vegan butter, ⅔ cup of the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a large mixing bowl and use an electric mixer to cream together.
- Then, add in the eggnog pulp, 3 tbsp of eggnog, ground flaxseed, and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
- Next, add the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt to the mixing bowl. Mix everything together until a thick dough forms. The dough will be semi sticky at this point, but no streaks of flour should remain. Cover the mixing bowl of dough with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350F. Next, remove the dough from the fridge and use a medium cookie scoop to form 14 evenly sized cookie dough balls. Roll each dough ball between your palms and then roll each cookie dough ball in a small bowl containing the remaining ⅓ cup of sugar.
- Place the eggnog cookie dough balls onto the parchment-lined baking sheet. Make sure that each cookie is kept about 2 inches apart since they will spread slightly while baking.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until the cookies have fully cooked edges and barely cooked centers. The cookies will continue baking after they are removed from the oven so the centers should still be soft, but not glossy or raw, when they are removed from the oven.
- Remove the cookie tray from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes. Then, move the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling completely before adding any glaze.
- Once the cookies have cooled, make the glaze. Add the powdered sugar and eggnog to a mixing bowl and whisking together until a thick glaze forms. Pour the glaze on top of the cooled cookies, top each cookie with a dusting of cinnamon, and enjoy