Chocolate and strawberries, need we say more?! This decadent tart features leftover pulp from your Almond Cow. Wow your guests and loved ones this Valentine's Day. Enjoy!
Servings: 6-8 slices
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 20 min
Additional time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- 1 ½ cups Gluten-free oats
- ¼ cup Almond pulp (from almond milk)
- ¼ cup Almonds
- 5 tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Cacao powder
- 2 cups Fresh strawberries (quartered)
- 1 cup Fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup Water
- 2-3 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp Agar agar powder
- ½ can Full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- ⅓ cup Maple syrup
- 5 oz Stevia sweetened or unsweetened chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-inch tart pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- For the crust add oats and almonds into a food processor. Pulse until combined and add almond pulp, cacao powder, maple syrup and coconut oil. Process into a moist mixture.
- Firmly press dough into the tart and press up on the sides as well. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until the crust appears golden brown.
- Let sit for about 5-10 minutes and then transfer onto a cooling rack.
- While the crust is cooling down, prepare the strawberry layer. In a small saucepan add berries, maple syrup and water. Simmer over medium-high heat for about 5-10 minutes.
- Puree with a hand mixer or transfer into a blender and process into a smooth mixture.
- Transfer back into the saucepan and add agar agar powder. Simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Set aside for 5 minutes, then pour into the crust and freeze for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare chocolate filling. In a small saucepan add coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup and chocolate. Heat over low heat until chocolate has melted.
- Stir until fully combined. Pour on top of the strawberry layer up to the top of the crust and refrigerate for about 2 hours until tart has fully set.
- Garnish with fresh berries and enjoy.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to one week.