Enjoy all the fall flavors in this elegant Pumpkin Tart. Creamy, slightly sweet and a perfect way to use your leftover almond pulp.
Servings: 6-8 pieces
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking time: 20 min
Additional time: 1 hour
- 1 ½ cups Gluten-free oats
- ½ cup Almonds
- ¼ cup Almond pulp*
- 5 tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 can Pumpkin puree
- 1 can Full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup Cashews (soaked)*
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin spice
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Agar agar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-inch tart pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- For the crust add oats, pulp and almonds into a food processor. Pulse until combined and add maple syrup and coconut oil. Process into a moist mixture.
- Firmly press dough into the tart and press up on the sides as well. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until crust appears golden brown.
- Let sit for about 5-10 minutes and then transfer onto a cooling rack.
- For the pumpkin filling add soaked cashews in a food processor or high speed blender and process until completely smooth.
- Transfer into a medium sized saucepan. Add pumpkin puree, coconut milk, maple syrup and spices. Bring to a simmer and mix to combine.
- Add agar agar powder and simmer for another 4-5 minutes whisking continuously until mixture becomes thick.
- Strain through a sieve and pour into tart crust. Let sit for about 10 minutes, then transfer into fridge. Refrigerate until tart has set for about an hour.
- Serve immediately and store leftovers in an airtight container for up to two days.
*Squeeze out any excess liquid
*Soak cashews in water overnight or for at least 4 hours.