Prep Time: 40 minutes
Additional wait time: 2 hours
- 12 dates (pits removed)
- ¼ cup cashews
- ¾ cup peanuts
- ¼ cup almond pulp, press excess liquid out (from almond milk)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup cashews (soaked)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup berries (raspberries, blackberries)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups of water
- 1 ½ tsp agar agar powder
- Grease a 9 inch tart tin and set aside.
- In a food processor combine dates, nuts, almond pulp and salt. Process until all nuts are grounded and combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the tart in and up to the sides. Place in freezer for about 30 minutes while you work on the filling.
- In a high speed blender mix cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, peanut butter and salt. Blend until completely smooth. Optionally take out ¼ cup of the mixture for the piping later.
- Add in coconut oil and blend until combined. Pour mixture into the tart and set in the freezer for about 30-60 minutes while you prepare the jelly layer.
- In a small pot add berries, maple syrup and water. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- With a hand mixer puree the berries. Strain through a sieve and pour back into the pot. Bring to a boil and add in the agar powder. Simmer for about 2-3 minutes until agar powder has dissolved. Remove from stove and let the jelly mixture cool down to room temperature for about 5-10 minutes before pouring it into the tart.
- Set in fridge for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Garnish with extra peanut butter or berries. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to three days.
Note: *Squeeze out any excess liquid before adding into the base.