These ice cream sandwiches make for the perfect summertime treat. Creamy, dairy-free vanilla ice cream sandwiched between two raw chocolate cookies, dipped in patriotic sprinkles. Celebrate with this healthier sweet treat!
Yields: 4 sandwiches (this may vary depending on size of mold used)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Freeze Time: Overnight for ice cream cubes, 1 hour to firm up after blending
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup agave
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup almond pulp (from almond milk)
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 4 Tbsp coconut nectar
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- optional: red, white, and blue sprinkles, for garnish
- To a mixing bowl, add coconut milk, almond milk, agave, and vanilla, and mix well. Transfer mixture into 2 ice cube trays, and store in the freezer overnight.
- When ready, blend ice cubes in a high-speed blender (scraping down the sides of the blender as needed), and transfer the creamy mixture into square silicone molds. Place in freezer for at least 1 hour to firm up.
- While the ice cream is firming up, add pecans to a food processor and pulse until flour-like.
- Add almond flour, almond pulp, and cacao powder, and pulse again until mixed.
- Add coconut nectar, coconut oil, and salt, and continuously process again until dough-like. It should stick together!
- Transfer sandwich “dough” to a baking sheet, and flatten it out using a rolling pin (or the bottom of a flat glass).
- Using a square-shaped cookie cutter same in size to the square molds, cut into square shaped “cookies”. To make 4 complete ice cream sandwiches, cut 8!
- You may have to keep rolling out/flattening the mixture a few times to get 8. Transfer to freezer until ready to serve.
- When ready, remove ice cream from the molds, and sandwich them between two chocolate “cookies”. Dip each side in red, white, and blue sprinkles, and enjoy!