Warm up with a bowl of Corn Chowder. Easy to make yet tastes like you've been cooking all day. Full of flavor and texture it's sure to be a go-to weekday meal!
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 Yellow onion (diced)
- 3 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 cups Water (or vegetable stock)
- 1 can Full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup Cashew milk (optional)
- ¼ cup White wine (optional)
- 4 Small yukon potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 4 Ears corn (cooked), substitute with 2 cans of kernel corn
- 5-6 Sprigs of fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- Corn pulp (leftovers from corn milk)
Heat 1 tbsp of avocado oil in a soup pot over medium - high heat. Add garlic and onions and cook until onions are translucent. Deglaze with wine if prefered and add potatoes and fresh thyme. Cut the kernels off the cob and add into the pot. Stir well and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Pour in water, coconut milk, cashew milk and corn milk pulp. Season with salt and pepper and simmer over low - medium heat for about 15-20 minutes until potatoes are cooked through. The soup should be thick enough due to the potatoes and coconut milk. If not, add more milk or puree some of the soup with a hand mixer and pour back into the soup. Garnish with chives and serve while still hot. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 days.