- 1½ cups gluten-free oats
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- ¼ cup hazelnut pulp, drained* (from hazelnut milk)
- 5 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1½ can organic heavy coconut cream or coconut milk (solid part**)
- ¼ cup agave/maple syrup
- 2 blood oranges (squeezed)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup cashews (soaked)***
- optional: ¼ cup cashew pulp (from cashew milk)
- 2 Pink grapefruits (squeezed juice)
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 Blood orange (squeezed juice)
- 1 tsp Agar powder
- 2-3 tbsp Light agave syrup****
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8 inch tart pan with melted coconut oil.
- For the crust add oats and hazelnuts into a food processor. Pulse until combined and add maple syrup, hazelnut pulp and coconut oil. Process into a moist mixture. Firmly press dough into the tart and press up on the sides as well. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until the crust appears golden brown. Let sit for about 5-10 minutes and then transfer onto a cooling rack.
- In the meantime prepare citrus creme layer. In a food processor process cashews for about 5-10 minutes until completely smooth.
- In a small saucepan add coconut cream, maple syrup, blood orange and coconut oil. Heat over medium and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add cashew cream and mix well.
- Pour citrus mixture into the tart half way full. Refrigerate for about 1-2 hours until tart has set.
- In the meantime prepare citrus jelly layer. In a small saucepan add grapefruit, blood orange, water and agave syrup. Heat over medium-high and add agar powder. Simmer for about 2-3 minutes while whisking continuously. Set aside to cool down for about 5 minutes. Pour on top of citrus creme tart and transfer back into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to set. Serve with fresh fruit and store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to three days.
**Make sure to squeeze out any excess liquid from the pulp.
**If you are using coconut milk, make sure to refrigerate overnight. Use solid part only.
***soak cashews in water overnight or for at least 4 hours.
****light agave syrup is recommended to obtain that beautiful pink citrus color