Next time you’re craving cream cheese, try this delicious dairy-free Cashew Pulp Cream Cheese. It’s perfectly spreadable and pairs great on bagels and gluten-free seed crackers!
Servings: 2 ½ cups
Time: 15 mins active, 40 hours inactive
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1 cup cashew pulp (from cashew milk)
- ¼ cup coconut milk (solid part from a can of coconut milk)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ lemon (squeezed juice)
- probiotic powder from 2 capsules or 2 tbsp of probiotic plant-based yogurt
- salt and Pepper
- optional: chives, dill etc.
- optional: 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes for extra cheese flavor
- Place cashews in a medium bowl and soak for a minimum of four hours or overnight.
- Drain and rinse cashews and place in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients except for the probiotics and herbs.
- Blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides with a spatula.
- With your spatula spoon cheese mixture into a glass container that has a lid. Stir in probiotics and cover.
- Let sit out on the counter (unrefrigerated) for about 36 hours to give it the tangy flavor of a dairy cream cheese. If you don’t want to wait that long, add 2 tbsp of plant-based probiotic yogurt instead of the capsules and enjoy after cooling in the refrigerator.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 weeks.