Next time you’re craving cream cheese, try this delicious dairy-free Cashew Pulp Cream Cheese. It’s perfectly spreadable and pairs great on bagels and gluten-free seed crackers!
Servings: 2 ½ cups
Prep time: 40 hours 15 minutes
Ingredients (Cashew Cream Cheese)
- 1 cup raw organic cashews, soaked
- 1 cup cashew pulp
- 1/4 cup organic coconut milk (solid part)
- 1 tsp organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 lemon (squeezed juice)
- Probiotic powder from 2 capsules or 2 tbsp of probiotic plant-based yogurt
- Salt and Pepper
- Optional: chives, dill etc.
- Optional: 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes for extra cheese flavor
Place cashews in a medium bowl and soak for a minimum of four hours or overnight. Drain and rinse cashews and place in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients except for the probiotics and herbs. Blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides with a spatula. With your spatula spoon cheese mixture into a glass container that has a lid. Stir in probiotics and cover. Let sit out on the counter (unrefrigerated) for about 36 hours to give it the tangy flavor of a dairy cream cheese. If you don’t want to wait that long, add 2 tbsp of plant-based probiotic yogurt instead of the capsules and enjoy after cooling in the refrigerator. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 weeks.