The classic ice cream dessert turned into a delightful tart! This vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free Banana Split Tart is perfect for a weekend treat or late night snack.
Prep time: 15 min
Additional time: 4 hours
- 1 ½ cup Gluten-free old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup Almond pulp*
- ½ cup Almonds
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
- 12 Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 ½ cup Cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours)
- 1 can Full fat coconut cream** (solid part)
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp Maple syrup (optional)
- 4 tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 Bananas
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 oz Chocolate (unsweetened)
- Grease a 9 inch tart tin with coconut oil and set aside.
- To prepare the crust add oats and almonds into a food processor. Process for about 5-10 seconds until coarsely ground. Add dates, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond pulp* and pulse until all dates are incorporated and mixture becomes sticky.
- Firmly press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the tart pin. Place in freezer for about an hour to set while working on the banana split filling.
- For the filling add cashews, ¼ cup maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut oil into a food processor and process until completely smooth (may take up to 5 minutes depending on the quality of the food processor).
- In a small bowl mash one banana and add to the food processor. Process for another 5-10 seconds. Transfer mixture into a separate bowl and fold in the coconut cream with a spatula until fully combined.
- To assemble the tart fill the bottom with banana slices. Pour filling into the tart and refrigerate for about 4 hours until fully set.
- Garnish with bananas and whipped coconut cream. Cover tart and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Optional: Melt chocolate and 1 tbsp maple syrup over low heat. Mix in with the cashew filling before refrigerating.
*Make sure to squeeze out any excess liquid from the pulp.
** Refrigerate coconut cream overnight and scrape out the solid part to use in the recipe.