Thanksgiving is quickly approaching, and we couldn’t leave you without a delicious gravy recipe for your table! Make your favorite nut milk in your Almond Cow, and use it to make this creamy gravy to pair with your mashed potatoes!
Servings: Approx. 8
Time: 30 minutes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8oz mushrooms, cut in half and sliced
- ¼ cup arrowroot + ½ cup your favorite plant-based milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to a hot saucepan with chopped onions and minced garlic. Sweat it down for several minutes. Add the mushrooms to the mix, and continue to sweat them down.
- In a small bowl, add arrowroot and your favorite nut milk, and mix until smooth.
- Add arrowroot mixture to the saucepan, and stir. Add vegetable stock, coconut aminos, and coconut milk to the mix, and stir. Bring the mixture to a simmer. It should thicken within 10-15 minutes. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Transfer mixture to a blender, and blend until smooth (feel free to leave chunks if you prefer).
- Transfer gravy back to the heat, and continue to reduce it down until it's as thick as you like. If you'd like to make it thicker, add more arrowroot and nut milk (1 Tbsp arrowroot for every 2 Tbsp nut milk). Pour over a plate full of homemade mashed potatoes and enjoy!