This deliciously creamy dairy-free Butternut Squash Soup recipe is a wonderful addition to your holiday menu - featuring homemade almond milk from your Almond Cow! With minimal effort and only 7 ingredients, you’ll have the perfect seasonal soup in no time!
Recipe by Emily @Cooking_Emily
- 4 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened pumpkin seed walnut milk (almond milk works great too!)
- ½ tbsp avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 7 large garlic cloves
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- optional: 1⁄8 tsp cayenne for a kick!
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the nut milk. Mix until everything is nice and coated with the oil and spices.
- Evenly spread the mixture out onto the baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or until a fork can easily poke through the butternut squash (I think the soup is best when the butternut squash bakes until it has a golden brown color).
- Let the squash cool for a few minutes. Then, add it to your blender with the milk and blend on “soup” mode (or blend until smooth). ENJOY!
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days.