Summer is here and we have a fun tart recipe for you. Use your leftover pulp to create this no-bake Piña Colada tart. It’s raw, vegan, gluten free and melts like ice cream in your mouth.
Prep Time: 50 min, Cooling Time: 5+ hours/overnight
- Square tart pan 9x9 inches, removable bottom (or a round/ rectangular tart pan with a similar size and volumetric capacity) (23 x 23 cm)
- ¾ cup almonds
- ½ cup cashews
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup oats, gluten-free
- ⅓ (packed) cup dates, pitted
- ¼ cup almond pulp, well drained (from almond milk)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp agave syrup (sub with maple syrup)
- 1 tsp organic lime or lemon peel
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup coconut cream (*the solid part of 1-2 cans of full fat coconut milk stored in the fridge overnight
- ½ cup cashews, soaked + drained
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup agave syrup (sub with maple syrup)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 ⅓ cups (8.8oz/250g) fresh & ripe pineapple, cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup cashews, soaked + drained
- ¼ cup coconut cream* (see explanation above)
- 3-4 tbsp agave syrup (sub with maple syrup)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (to add color)
- Coconut Truffles
- vegan meringue drops (optional)
- dried pineapple rings
- fresh pineapple leaves
- cocktail umbrellas
Soak the cashews (for the coconut and pineapple layer) for 3 hours in cold water (or for 1/2 hour in boiling water). Use two separate bowls for the different layers.
Step 1 - Crust
Add almonds and cashews to your food processor/high speed blender and pulse - just for 1-2 seconds - to get smaller pieces.
Add drained (!) almond pulp, shredded coconut, rolled oats, coconut oil, pitted dates, agave syrup, lemon/lime peel and salt and process until you get a moist crumbly mixture. Scrap down the sides to help the dough to come together. If the dough is too wet add a few more tablespoons of oats.
Carefully press the dough into the tart pan. Don’t forget to press up on the sides as well. If you have leftover dough, you can snack on it raw (just like bliss balls!)
Store the crust in the freezer while preparing the first filling layer.
Step 2 - Filling
For the COCONUT LAYER drain the cashews and blend them together with the other ingredients until smooth and creamy.
Pour into the prepared crust and smooth it down with a spoon or spatula.
Store in the freezer for at least 1 hour or until the coconut layer has firmed up. This way, it is set before adding the second layer, which makes pretty layers overall!
Meanwhile prepare the PINEAPPLE LAYER blending all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Carefully pour the filling onto the frozen coconut layer.
Put the tart back into the freezer for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
If you’ve never made a raw vegan tart before, here’s what you need to know:
Step 3 - Decoration
Decorate with homemade Almond Cow Coconut Truffles, vegan meringue drops (optional), dried pineapple, fresh pineapple leaves and cocktail umbrellas.
Step 4 - Serve and Enjoy!
Enjoy and store leftovers in the freezer!